Saturday, January 5, 2008

Preparations

My husband and I have always lived in Texas. We actually live in the same house I grew up in. We have a happy normal life. However, this last fall my husband applied for a new job and got it. This job brought change. He is being sent to New York for training. So we will be packing up six children (12-2) and all our things and moving to Albany for the winter! (We have never even seen real snow!) I do not handle change well but, what do you do? When your husband comes home and says I have to go to New York for 4 months, you say when do we leave!

So, over the last month I have found a house to rent (sight unseen), signed a lease, set up utilities and planned the trip. Now all that is left to do is pack the bags. We will be leaving in two weeks. It seems surreal, I can't believe that we will soon be so far away from all the people we know and love. There are so many great places we plan to see. I am grateful for this awesome opportunity to make memories. Please pray that I can keep this frame of mind as I pack and close down our house this week.

1 comments:

saucy60 said...

I LOVE IT. GREAT WAY TO KEEP INFORMED OF "YOU GUYS". BUT I THINK, YOU ARE HIS HELPMATE NOT HELPMEET. NEVER COULD SPELL.