Nothing can ever be done without drama a the Williams house!
Monday we planned to start our first attempt at packing. However, God had other plans. Sunday night as we are trying to sleep, we notice our fan slowing down from time to time and out alarm clock start to flicker, even losing power once. Scooter (my hubby) was sent from bed several times to check things out. After deciding that there was nothing that could be done at the moment we shut off all things electrical and tried to get some sleep for the remaining 4 hours until we needed to be up. Monday morning when we woke the problem was no better. Very cranky from little sleep I attempted to start my morning shift for Lowes. This as well did not happen. For some reason I did not have enough power run both the computer and lights. So I decided I needed coffee and a few minutes to myself. The house shortly came to life, time to get to work. Scooter went to town to get a new breaker, came home and changed it out. Problem solved....... not really. Lights are still flickering from time to time. So, my husband decided that a small amount of corrosion should be scraped from another breaker using a screw driver. Unfortonatly, he forgot to turn off the power first so we heard a loud pop. No more screwdriver and no more power. Another trip to town! By 4:30 power was back on and it was time for me to start my evening shift, so I head to my office to work leaving Scooter and kids to cook supper and finish laundry. At 6:15 I come down stairs for my break. Trey, who is cleaning the kitchen, wants to show me what happened when he fell. He explains that he was running in the driveway and tripped and landed very hard on the concrete. He has a large raspberry on his knee and elbow. As he is showing me this I ask him what happened to his arm, it is very swollen and bent! "Oh, I landed on it when I fell", he tells me. He says it in hurting a little but he is fine. Did I say his arm is bent!! I called my husband over and when he sees the arm he agrees it qualifies for a trip to the ER. Two hours later we have confirmation that his arm is broken. Now we add a trip to the Ortho. to our To Do list. What a day!
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
What a day!
Posted by Kathleen at 4:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Didn't see you at MY ortho's office. Could've had the family discount.
Oh my good gracious!!! I needed that laugh this morning. Why am I NOT surprised at Scooter fixing an electrical problem without turning off the power???
Poor Trey! More concerened about his red bumps then his broken arm. I love the blog, Kathleen, what a wonderful idea of yours!
What a day! Reminds me of our trip with yall to McDonalds! I hope Trey is feeling better. Kristie
Post a Comment