Monday, February 4, 2008

New York State Museum




This past Saturday we spent the day at the New York State Museum. It is an amazing place with two huge benefits. First it is only about 12 miles from the house and second, it is free. We will be going back soon. They have everything: art, old fire engines, fossils, complete New York history set up as life size scenes with wax figures, a subway car, and a heart-breaking 9-11 exhibit. Or favorite exhibit was the Iroquois Indian room. They had a life size scene of Indians as they worked in their garden. We were able to see a cradle board and many baskets. We were also able to go inside a replica long house. The Iroquois Indians live in family units (including grand-parent, aunts and uncles all in one bunk house like building lined with bunk beds on both sides. I love my family dearly but cannot see all of use living under one roof, basically in one room. Anyway, we had spent several weeks learning about the Iroquois last year and enjoyed seeing all these things up close and in person.


Also, we celebrated our second birthday in New York. ABIGAIL IS THREE!!! I can't believe it! It seems like only yesterday she was born. She is getting smarter and cuter every day. Her favorite thing to say now is, "I am precious and I know it!" Reagan taught her this. I guess we need to work on humility next.


 

On to another praise report, my new schedule was approved and will change Feb 10th! Now I will have more time free during the day and in the evenings. Praise God!

0 comments: