Friday, February 1, 2008

Prayer Request

A few days ago I asked for prayer regarding my work schedule. With the change in time zones my current schedule has me working until 11 am several days and until 11pm several nights. This interfers with both school and family time. I know that as Scooter gets further into his school he will has less time with the kids in the evenings and I was concerned with them feeling put off. Well, God is good. Wenesday night I received an e-mail from my boss. It so happens that the shift I am currently working is over staffed and Lowes has asked Alpine to staff an earlier shift. All of this on the day I ask for prayer! God is Good! Anyway I have submitied a bid for the following hours.

EST
Mon. 6-9am
Tue. 6-9am 2-5:30pm
Wed. 6-9am
Thurs. 6-9am
Fri. 6-9am 2-5:30pm
Sat. 6-9am

This would be so great. I could finnish work before the kids are ready for school and have a short shift in the afternoon two days a week. Also with the early morning on Saturday I would have my weekends back. Pray this is approved. I should know more by Monday and if approved it would go into effect Feb. 10. Just in time, that is when Scooter will be getting into new stuff at school.

I have to mention something very cute. Rebekah had a misunderstanding about Scooter's school. Wendsday afternoon when Scooter got home she was doing her normal, "How was your day honey?" She asked him so sweetly, "Were the kids good for you today, did they learn a lot?"
She thought that Scooter was going to be a teacher at a school. He explained to her that he was the one learning and having to pay attention. She giggled and thought it was very funny that her Daddy was in school again. She smiled and said "You do school like me?" We had a good laugh!

0 comments: