Yesterday it started snowing again. We received about 12 inches of snow between noon and mid-night. When Scooter got off work we decided that it would be great for sledding. We all got dressed in our snow gear and headed to the car. I was to bring the kids and sleds and meet him at the park. I was very nervous about driving on the snow. It was coming down so fast that the plows were not keeping up. Anyway, Scooter assured me that I would be fine as long as I drove slow. Well he did not mean to back out of the drive slowly. I found this out because, as I slowly backed out of our driveway I became stuck. I could not go backward, the tires were slipping and I could not go forwards. So I am stuck in the middle of our street with no way to move. Luckily we have a great downstairs neighbor. Jason came to my rescue. Jason, Trey, and I shoveled the snow out from under the car, put salt in front of the tires, then they pushed as I gunned the gas. Finally I am back in the driveway. I waited on Scooter to get home. I decided I would not drive on the snow. A few minutes later Scooter and Dan pull up. We jump in the car and away we go. When we get to the park it is obvious that we are the only people dumb enough to be out in this weather. The park is empty so of course Scooter takes advantage of the empty snow covered parking lot to show his stressed out wife that he can make the car spin round and round on the ice. What fun.
When we finally climbed out of the car and head for the hill, the snow is up to Rebekah's thighs. We have a blast sledding and snowball fighting. We stayed out in the snow for about an hour and a half. Normally it gets dark here about 5pm. However, last night there was so much white reflecting the moonlight that it looked like daylight until well after 7pm. After a while I suggested that since it was snowing so bad that we should head home. I did not want to spend the night in the park. We came home to hot chocolate and yummy hot tea (thanks McQuarys). The kids set in front of the windows most of the night watching the snow plows go up and down the street. It should snow most of the day today. However, Thursday it will start to melt but we will have more Friday and Saturday.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Snow everywhere
Posted by Kathleen at 4:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment